Loading

Friday, December 17, 2010

Digital Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 with 14.1 MP



For those point-to-shoot AND filters lovers, here's a digital camera from Panasonic that you just can't resist.

I welcome you the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40! It has a lens that can use a filter of 52 mm size. Careful, Panasonic claims that it has a 46 mm diameter lens, but it in front of my eyes, my 46 mm polarizer doesn't fit. It was too small for the lens. That's the only downside that I managed to see, 2 hours after I bought it.

This camera is easy to use, quick focusing, and has all the manual adjustments and flexibility you will ever need. It also has a long battery life, but finding replacement batteries is a problem that Panasonic needs to clear up fast! It's well-designed and built for the active photographer.

Talking about image quality, it is by far better if you compare to its competitors. But the best part is its image stabilizer. The image stabilization is outstanding, even at full 24X zoom I don't need a monopod or tripod. The zoom is also quiet and smooth. ISO looks good up through 800. I'm still experimenting with macro shots - I'm not real happy yet, but it's probably me. I can't tell a lot of difference between normal and fine JPEG's, except for the file size. The EVF is very good - I can't live without a good view finder.

What's in the Box:

* DMW-BMB9 Lithium-Ion Battery
* Battery Charger DE-A83BA
* USB Cable
* A/V Cable
* Lens Hood
* lens Cap w/ String
* Shoulder Strap
* Software CD-ROM
* 1-Year Panasonic Warranty

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review! Very helpful indeed. I am thinking of getting a new point and shoot camera and I can't decide what to get between the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 and Casio Exilim EX-FH25. I will definitely consider your review and I hope I won't regret my purchase! Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete