Loading

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Samsung HMX-S16BN WiFi HD Camcorder



As you can see, if you look an HD camcorder around the internet, you'll find yourself having a list of camcorders with high price, say around $900-$1,100. Now you think that, "Hey, I ain't no professional to invest on those expensive cameras. I'm a dedicated hobbyist for godsakes."

A dedicated hobbyist in this department would want a specification close to those professional camcorder, but at an affordable price. So, you can skip those expensive camcorders and take a look at this baby right here!

The thing that got me to buy it was Amazons incredible price compared to others.
I got a great deal that disappeared in a day so i was lucky.

Here's the specification:
  • 64GB Built-In SSD Memory
  • WiFi and DLNA wireless connectivity
  • Full 1920x1080/60i HD Recording
  • 18x Zoom(15x optical) & 10MP BSI CMOS chip
  • 3.5" LCS TP LCD
  • Display Size: 3.5 inches
  • Optical Sensor Resolution: 3 MP
  • Optical Sensor Technology: CMOS
Well, as anybody would say, quality knows its price, or, price knows quality, right? There must've been some downside in this camcorder, right? Here's what I found.

Cons:
1. When I turn on the camera it defaults zoomed in a little. I always need to zoom out or advise anyone to zoom out prior to recording
2. I wish it had "night vision" like Sony. This is not needed, but a nice feature to have.
3. No built in light for filming outside. Like camping or walking around. I believe you need to buy a light attachement for that.
4. Wifi is awesome, but mainly and prefered to be used with Samsung TV, products, etc.
I prefer cable, but the Wifi is a great feature to use.

If you have the money, please look at other camcorders, but the deal I got, it was great. I got this $1,100 camcorder for around $600!

There are a lot of options in this camcorder that I might not use, but they are good features to have.

Slow motion is awesome, as well as the time lapse. I bought this for my first child and believe I can use this for a long time. oh yea, 64GB internal SSD, i will never need those expensive high capacity memory cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment